Sunday, January 1, 2012

the beginning.

recognize my blog title? mumford and sons pretty much pierced my heart with these words. if you know me well, you know that once i get a favorite song i listen to it on repeat ... for like a week.. or two.. maybe more. anyway, this one is a favorite and it goes like this
"in these bodies we will live.
  in these bodies we will die.
  where you invest your love.
  you invest your life."
this pretty much sums up my reasoning for this blog. i want to write as i begin a new journey.. a journey of changing my perspective to one of love. i want to love more. love better. love all. i want Gods love to shine through me where people don't see me anymore. where they only see Gods great and amazing love for them. i want to invest the love God has placed in me. i want to invest my life.

before you get too far, let me address a few things. 

number 1 - this is not a new years resolution. its a life change. yes, it happens to land on january 1st.. but its been coming for some time.

number 2 - i am not asking for anything other than your prayers and support throughout this two part journey i am starting this year.

PART ONE
sooo.. here it goes! i am beyond thrilled to say that i will be doing at least 2 things is 2012 that i have never done in my life! It all began with a little push (ok.. big push) by God. he has actually been placing haiti on my heart for several years now. i never really knew what to do with that except pray. pray for the people there and pray that God would continue to show me what more i could do. well long story short, i am going with a team from central to haiti february 11-17! i am thrilled and scared all at the same time. (i'll explain all of that later) but for now i am standing on his words
"have i not commanded you? be strong and courageous. do not be terrified; do not be discouraged; for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you may go." -Joshua 1:9
thank you God for your words to meet us exactly where we are.

PART TWO
this part actually just came up a few days ago, and just like the trip, i also felt God's push to do this... AND it also involves haiti! so for those of you that know me, you know i am not athletic.. at all. i've never played sports. (except for softball that one year where we didn't win a game all year but we got a free mellow yellow after every game so.. you see my motivation.) well, a few days ago i read a post of a friend who helps run an organization called hands and feet. this ministry works directly with an orphanage in haiti to provide basic needs and care. to help raise money this year, they are asking 50 people to join them in raising money and running the nashville 1/2 marathon. yes, me. i want to be one of the 50. i know. i'm not a runner. i've never run a mile without stopping. this is the amazing part. 
for all of this. 
the trip. 
leaving my family for 8 days. 
traveling to a country i know very little about. 
learning to run.
running a 1/2 marathon.
oh and yes.. raising money for all of this.
all of this can only be done by God. 
i know he has called me to do both of these things. i say yes because i know that somehow through these things, he will get more glory.. and because of that.. here we go!
invest your love.
invest your life.
learning to say yes to Gods call, big and small.

please go with me on this journey in prayer and encouragement. i know every day will not be easy but i know i will not be alone. 

"I can do all things through Christ who gives me strength." -Philippians 4:13
not just physical strength, but by his strength i can share my story and see these impossibles (in my eyes) become possible.

thank you God for whoever is reading this. thank you for bringing them to this blog to walk with me on journey. please let them see today how much you love them. please let them see life through your eyes. give them a perspective of love for those around them. change our hearts God. change us to love. change us to live a life of love so others see you more.

2 comments:

  1. Sis... I'm so incredibly excited to go on this journey with you and be apart of all that God has in store for you. I will run along side you (literally), cry with you, fight for you, and love with you! Most importantly worship and rejoice the WHOLE way! I love you and i'm so humbled and proud to be your sister and best friend! You are already inspiring so many!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beth! Great minds think alike, as God has put it on my heart to blog again too! I am so excited about Haiti and am so glad to be able to keep up w/ your journey:) I miss you all so much but I am glad to feel closer at least through your blog!!Come and comment on mine, www.teamhardage.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete